Saturday, April 08, 2006
i had loads of fun with yesterday with two class gatherings... sc10 & 4b3! holland v gave some sort of nostalgic feeling to the whole thing. that was how my life was back then and now its awfully different. i'm still trying to decide if i prefer my situation now or back then. Now, I have so much more freedom to do whatever I want, whenever I want as compared to back then when we had to conform. but the company and the friendships made never quite go as deep now as it was back then. I hung around with like-minded people... people who could understand me and vice versa. and we could just talk about anything all day. Now only a tiny tiny minority of those kinds of people are left. Everyone else is just pretty much acquaintances that you see and know but can never really talk to. Don't get me wrong, i do like ntu very much. I just feel that people tend to stereotype quite a bit here. the fact that i speak english at home and virtually no chinese doesn't make me any richer snobbier or prissier than the general population :(you are a loser at 7:54 PM